Each proposal should be no more than three/four pages in length and contain:
- A description of a tangible product such as a manuscript/article presented or submitted for publication, a composition, review, artwork, performance, etc. that fulfills the requirement to present research at an international conference or to conduct research that has been sanctioned abroad.
- A rationale explaining how the project will positively impact the applicant in their professional development.
- A budget that outlines relevant expenses and any other expected funding sources (including the amount).
- Award funding will vary depending on the yearly availability of funding from the “Create the Future” endowment. For 2021-2022, $2,100 is available.
- The Professional Development Committee will inform the faculty member(s) selected for the award.
- Applicants should provide an electronic version of the proposal to the chair of the Professional Development Committee by January 18, 2022.
- Applications shall be reviewed and announced by March 7, 2022.
- Funds from this plus other sources cannot exceed the total cost of the activity.
- The recipient of funds awarded under the Create the Future program grant cannot supplement the award from other competitive faculty grants awarded by Shepherd University except for a mini grant award.
- The recipient will provide a one page report to the Chair of the Professional Development Comm. and the VP of Advancement with the results of the activity when completed.
- In the semester following the use of the grant, the recipient will provide a copy of the completed product to the Chair of the Professional Development Comm. and the VP for Advancement.
- The recipient is encouraged to send a personal note to President Shipley and Mr. Wadsworth thanking them for their support.