The CME department is pleased to announce these scholarships for CME majors. Students should also consider Shepherd’s scholarships available to all, and Shepherd’s list of national scholarships.
NSF S-Stem Scholarship
Thanks to a National Science Foundation grant, the CME department offers an S-STEM scholarship to qualified applicants. Recipients are awarded a maximum of $10,000 depending on individual demonstrated unmet financial need. The program also hires students as mentors and assistants. See the NSF S-STEM website.
Elizabeth Brown Scholarship
- Mathematics Major or Engineering Minor (Divided between Math, Engineering, Chemistry and Nursing)
- US born resident of Eastern Panhandle
- Financial Need
- $250 – $300 each
- Computer Science Major
- $500 – $1,000
Rauch Mathematics Scholarship
- Entering Freshman, renewable for three more years.
- Scholastic ability (including high school grade point average, and either ACT or SAT test scores), extra curricular activities, leadership potential (combined with character and sportsmanship.
- $1,800 – $2,000 per year for four years.
- Eastern Panhandle Resident
- Mathematics Major with 3.0 GPA, or Upper 1/4 of HS graduating class for freshman
- Good citizenship or character
- Financial need considered, not primary