Academic Leadership Search
Process for Leadership Positions in the New Academic Structure
- Department chairs who will head newly formed schools as directors, will remain in these positions and serve out their elected term. In most cases, the current chairs and new directors already have extended contracts and specific amounts of release time determined by their accrediting bodies.
- Pending approval by the Board of Governors on February 14th, nominations will be accepted February 15th-22nd by Provost Scott Beard (email@example.com) for the following leadership positions:
- Dean, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Associate Dean, College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Dean, College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Dean, College of Nursing, Education, and Health Sciences
- Dean, Ruth Scarborough Library and Center for Teaching, Learning, and Instructional Resources
- The applicant’s cover letter and CV will be posted on the Candidate page. Please click here to view position descriptions and requirements.
- Open sessions with candidates will be held during the weeks of February 25th-March 1st and March 4th-March 8th (dependent upon the number of nominations for each position). Please click here for the campus interview schedule.
- Following the sessions for each candidate, faculty and staff members of the college or academic unit, as well as others in attendance may fill out a survey on the candidates. The survey link (sample) will be sent electronically via campus email. There will be a box to check if you are a faculty or staff member of the academic unit.
- By March 15th, the campus will be notified of the selections as determined by the President, in consultation with the Provost and feedback from a representative advisory committee consisting of:
- Mr. Ed Herendeen, Artistic Director CATF and Professor of Contemporary Art and Theater
- Dr. J. B. Tuttle, Associate Professor of Education and Board of Governors Representative
- Dr. Jason Best, Professor of Physics and Director, Strategic Research Initiatives
- Dr. Max Guirguis, Professor of Political Science and Advisory Council of Faculty Representative
- Cecelia Mason, Chair, Classified Employees Council & Staff Member, University Communications
- Click here to see the campus interview schedule for all candidates.