Title IX Response
Title IX and Interpersonal Violence Response
Title IX Assessment:
Upon receipt of a report, the University’s Title IX Team will conduct an initial Title IX assessment. The goal of this assessment is to provide an integrated and coordinated response to reports of sexual and or gender-based harassment, discrimination, and interpersonal violence, including sexual violence, stalking, and relationship violence. The assessment will consider the nature of the report, the safety of the individual and of the campus community, and the Reporting Party’s expressed preference for resolution in determining the appropriate course of action to eliminate any hostile environment presented, stop the conduct at issue, prevent its recurrence, and address its effects.
At the conclusion of the assessment, the Title IX Team may refer the report for informal resolution, which includes the identification of remedies to stop the sexual misconduct, address its effects, and prevent its recurrence. Alternatively, the Title IX Team may refer the matter for formal resolution. Formal resolution begins with an investigation. The goal of the investigation is to gather all relevant facts and determine if there is sufficient information to refer the report to an adjudication or grievance process in order to determine responsibility and impose disciplinary action if appropriate.
Accommodations Available :
Interim measures will be implemented at the discretion of the University. Potential measures, which may be applied to the Reporting Party and or the Responding Party, include:
• Access to counseling services and assistance in setting up an initial appointment, both on and off campus
• References and assistance in obtaining medical services
• Imposition of a campus No Contact Order
• Imposition of a no trespass order
• Security Assistance (examples might include security escorts, increased patrol, accompanying a student during an interview with SUPD, etc.)
• Academic accommodations (with permission of the student and with agreement of the appropriate faculty, who will not be informed of the specific reason for the request): Rescheduling of exams and assignments, Providing alternative course completion options, Change in class schedule or other academic accommodations, without penalty to the party
• Providing Academic support services, such as tutoring
• Change in work schedule or job assignment
• Residence modifications: Change in on-campus housing, Arranging to dissolve a housing contract and pro-rating a refund in accordance with campus housing policies, Relocation assistance
• Limit of an individual or organization’s access to certain University facilities or activities pending resolution of the matter
• Voluntary leave of absence
• Interim suspension or restrictions
• Any other remedy that can be tailored to the involved individuals to achieve the goals of this policy.