Focus Areas–Year One
Year One: 2018-2019
Goal 1: The Shepherd Image
- Continue to build and strengthen targeted marketing and recruiting efforts in primary West Virginia and out-of-state markets.
- Expand targeted marketing and recruiting strategies and tactics focused on Transfer students.
- Develop and implement an annual strategic marketing and recruiting plan focused on graduate student enrollment.
- Complete the Athletics logo redesign and launch marketing campaign is concert with transition to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) starting 2019-2020
Goal 2: The Student Experience
- Continue to add or expand focused student success and persistence initiatives and programs including but not limited to Shepherd Success Academy (second cohort), Road to Success (probation prevention), and the Probation Recovery initiative.
- Expand online course offerings as a means to enhance student persistence and time to completion.
- Expand and leverage the Last Dollar Fund as a means to help students persist and ease their financial challenge.
- Complete and analysis of course types, times, and locations of courses that meet optimal enrollment and those that are cancelled for fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Implement Community Capstone Connection project.
Goal 3: The Employee Experience
- Develop and implement the new Performance Management Program for all classified and non-classified employees.
- Implement expanded Spouse & Dependent tuition waiver program.
- Implement pilot Faculty Innovative Release Time Program.
Goal 4: The Campus Environment
- Waste Removal RFP (includes recycling).
- Audit Mowed Acreage – reduce by 10 percent.
- Work with Dining to reuse fryer oil.
- Update Conference Services Web Pages.
- Foundation and Alumni Affairs staff meet with faculty to review alumni lists to update for email and employment data and review needs and opportunities for private gifts.
- Business Workflow analysis to streamline and make processes more efficient.
- Identify campus vendors and contact to form partnerships for fund raising sponsorships and industry sponsored programs to support campus sustainability.
- Work with University to ensure that the application for graduation includes email and cell phone information to allow for “green” communications from alumni database.
- Inventory of Classrooms as rent-able spaces.
- Inventory of Classroom usage for consolidation – Integrate use (EMS) with utility controls.
- Use Building Managers to Audit Inefficiencies.