In order to login to Shepherd Sakai you will need a user ID and a password. Once you have obtained this information you will be able to enter into the Sakai learning management system. Click *****Here***** to go to the Login Page. See below for information on how to obtain your user ID and password.
There is no @ in your ShepID. if your email address is email@example.com, your ShepID is simply smith01.
Obtaining Login Info
Students – Your computer account is created shortly after you register for classes.
Employees – After IT Services creates your computer account, a temporary ID card is sent through inter-campus mail.
Your username and original password can then be retrieved through RAIL.
Here is what you need to do.
- Go to RAIL and click on Next Stop Rail – All Aboard!
- Enter your SID (Shepherd ID) and your PIN on the User Login screen.
- Click on Personal Information on the Welcome screen.
- Click on Password Management at the bottom of the page.
- Click on Retrieve Original Password. You will need to read and accept the Acceptable Use Policy. Your Username and Password will then be displayed.
- Click on Back to Password Management Menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on Change current password.
- Enter your new Password twice (6-8 characters long), do not use symbols, and click on Change Password. A confirmation page will state your password has been changed. Wait 10 minutes then check your Password.
If you forget your Password, you can always login RAIL and reset it.
To protect your privacy, click on EXIT in the upper right corner (PC) or left corner (MAC) and close your browser when you have finished viewing.
Your username and password allow you to access:
- Campus owned computers
- Internet access in residence halls
- Wireless network
- Personal network disk space
- Shared network disk space
- Learning Management System – Sakai
- Shepherd Email
For more information, visit ID, PIN, Username and Password FAQ’s.