ISSUED: 16 February 2022
MEDIA CONTACT: Dana Costa
SHEPHERDSTOWN, WV — The Shepherd University Debate and Forensics Team hosted the Collegiate Forensics Association 2022 Southern Excursion Debate Tournament February 11 and 12. Six schools participated in the tournament—Bloomsburg University, Liberty University, University of Lynchburg, Florida College, Randolph-Macon College, and Shepherd.
Aside from hosting, Shepherd’s team competed, placing fourth overall in the Team Sweepstakes and winning several individual awards.
- Informative Speaking—Chelsea Wells, political science major, third place; and Jackson Heath, communication and new media major, sixth place.
- Single Dramatic Interpretation—Olivia Stevens, secondary education major, first place.
- Dramatic Duo—Audrey Chapman, communications and new media major, and Olivia Stevens, second place.
- Persuasive Speaking—Nick Marsico, nursing major, fourth place; and Josh Gossard, criminal justice major, sixth place.
- Poetry—Olivia Stevens, third place.
- Impromptu Speaking—Kevin Knotts, political science major, sixth place.
- After-Dinner Speaking—Chuck Feaster, RBA major, fifth place.
- Lincoln-Douglas Debate—Alonzo Perry, political science major, third place.
— 30 —