Shepherd subscribes to Business and Legal Reports (BLR.com), a service that offers training programs for faculty and staff. Training modules can be delivered in two ways–Desktop Tutorials or PowerPoint Presentations.
Examples of training topics include the following:
- Customer Service
- ACA, ADA, FMLA and Other Federal Laws
- Hiring and Coaching Employees
- Sexual Harassment
- Supervisory and Management Skills
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Workplace Safety and Security
A complete list of available topics can be found here.
Options for delivery of training programs
(1) Training modules can be sent directly to employees so that they can complete them individually at their own computers. When the desktop training has been completed, the system will provide a test on the material covered in the training session and then, when employees pass the test, they will get a certificate that they can print.
(2) Pre-developed PowerPoint presentations can be downloaded and delivered to groups of employees either by the someone in the department or by a member of the HR team. Speaker’s notes, tests and certificates also are available if PowerPoint presentations are used.
Staff and faculty members who want to order training for themselves or for their staff members may do so by contacting Tammy Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org). Individual employees may feel free to order training for themselves at any time. There may be times when training will be mandatory for all employees (such as training required by Federal or State law) but for the most part this training is being provided — free of charge to departments and individual employees — on a voluntary basis. Shepherd pays a flat subscription rate for this service.