Admission Requirements and Application
Note: make sure you download Adobe XI (11.0.02) of Adobe Reader to fill in the form: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Instructions for Completion of the Admission Application Graduate Form
Deadlines (please read carefully) Admission to graduate study at Shepherd University is handled on a rolling basis. Students are eligible to register for courses once their applications have been processed and they have been accepted. Applications are considered complete when this form, the application fee, and all supporting materials are on file with the Office of Graduate Admissions. Please feel free to contact the Office of Graduate Admissions in order to make sure that your application is complete.
Notification The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify you of your admission status on a rolling basis.
General Application Procedures Please follow the steps listed below in completing this application form:
- This application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for those parties listed in #3. A check or money order, payable to Shepherd University, should be sent with this application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Application fees are waived for current Shepherd students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read carefully the statement at the bottom of this page which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
Admission Requirements Applicants for admission to full graduate status at Shepherd University must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a minimum college grade point average of 2.75. Students who do not meet these standards may, at the discretion of the graduate coordinator, be admitted on a provisional basis. Individual programs also have the following requirements:
Specific admissions requirements for the MS, DAIS program:
In addition to the general requirements for graduate admission to Shepherd University, potential students must also provide ONE of the following for admission into the MS, DAIS program:
- A score in the 75th percentile on the quantitative section of the Graduate Record Exam, known as GRE, or the Graduate Management Aptitude Test, known as GMAT.
- One of the following industry certifications:
- IBM certification in Cognos, Risk Analytics, or SPSS
- SAS certification in Foundation, Analytics, Administration, Data Management, or Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Microsoft certification, such as MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, MCSM, or MCDBA
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Certified Data Management Professional
- Certified Health Data Analyst
- Two letters of recommendation that speak to the applicant’s ability in the field and potential for success in a graduate program.