“They are always quick to respond to my requests!” –Staff, April 2017
Systems and Infrastructure Status
Planned outage: None at this time.
Unplanned outages: None at this time.
None at this time
Latest phishing attack status updates
June 16, 2017
We are still scrubbing the remnants of this phishing email from our systems and fixing the fallout from its propagation. Emails sent within our system and emails coming in from external systems have not been impacted. Emails sent from a Shepherd mailbox to an external system may be impacted by delays or rejections.
Always, be vigilant about any emails you receive. Remember IT Services will never ask you for any personal information such as passwords, SSN, etc.
June 8, 2017
The phishing email which we originally started seeing on Monday, June 5, is still moving around and evolving. We ask that the Shepherd community remain vigilant about this phishing email and continue to use caution so it does not spread. See immediately below for details about this phishing email.
June 5, 2017 – Initial report
Starting on Monday, June 5, 2017, employees started receiving emails which are part of a phishing attack. Here are some facts about these emails.
- The emails appear to be official.
- They appear to come from a Shepherd employee account.
- The emails ask you to click on a link to upgrade or validate your email account.
We ask you take the following actions:
– Delete the phishing email as soon as you can.
– If you did click on the link, contact the IT Services Desk immediately at 304-876-5457 or send an email to email@example.com to create a work order in our system.
Tips for Student Email Problems
- Your student email password was reset to synchronize with your Sakai / Computer Account password. The Username is still your firstname.lastname@example.org, but the password changed.
- If you feel your password is not working, log into the RAIL system, click on Personal Information, click on Password Management and then click on Change Password. Change your password following the rules stated on the page. After changing your password, log out of RAIL and wait at least 10 minutes before trying your password. NOTE: This password change will not only change it for your email account, but also your Sakai login, logging into campus lab and classroom systems, and for validating / registering your personal devices for use on our network.
- For mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, you must enter your Sakai / computer account password into your device’s email app. If you do not, it will keep trying to use the previous invalid one.
- Also for mobile devices, you must change the server address in the email app settings. Most students have the server address as pod51011.outlook.com. That server address is no longer valid. Please remove this server address and enter the new server address of outlook.office365.com
If you are still having problems, please contact the IT Services Desk. Their contact information is at the bottom of this page under the To get help heading.
Extended Support Hours
IT Services Desk Hours
The IT Services Desk hours are Mondays – Thursdays from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., and Fridays from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
After Hours Support
After Hours phone and email support is available between 5 P.M. and 8 P.M. (Mondays – Thursdays). Contact us via phone at 304-263-3066 or via email at email@example.com.
Device Registration Instructions
As we start a new semester we wanted to share important information with you about registering your devices for use on the campus network including wi-fi.
- Desktop computers used in residence halls can be registered by students. Please visit the FAQ page, or click here.
- Laptops, tablets, iPods, smartphones and other smart devices may be registered by you. Please click here to register these types of devices.
- To register devices such as game consoles, Rokus, SmartTVs, and similar devices; please visit this web page.
If you have any questions or problems, how to contact us is immediately below.
To get help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 304-876-5457 (Main Campus) or 304-263-3066 (Martinsburg Center)
- At the Main Campus, go to the IT Services Desk in the basement of the Library. Look for the sign above our area.
- For the Martinsburg Center, go to room 118. If no one is there, please go to the Front Desk.
Updated June 16, 2017