Become a Peer Tutor
Tutoring applications are now closed for Fall 2017. Applications for Spring 2018 tutoring positions will be available in October we hope you will return and apply!
If you are interested in working as a tutor, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a full time student at SU with a CUM GPA 3.0
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the subject you will tutor
- You must earn the grade of A or B in the classes you will tutor
- You must secure a recommendation by a faculty member
- You must complete an interview with either the Math Coordinator or the Director of ASC
If you are interested in becoming a writing tutor, you need to meet one additional qualification:
- Either complete and pass English 377: Peer Tutoring and Composition Theory with an “A” or a “B”. (This class is usually offered each fall semester).
- Or have a full endorsement from the English Department. (This notification must be given to the ASC Director from the department).