Applying Late for Graduation
After the deadline, but within the semester when the application was due (typically the semester PRIOR TO intended graduation):
- Obtain the graduation application from the Office of the Registrar, and complete it with your advisor
- Visit the Business Office and pay both the graduation fee of $50 AND the late application fee of $50: $100 total. The Business Office will stamp your graduation application PAID.
- Visit the Office of the Registrar to turn in your paid graduation application form. A review will be sent to you and to your advisor.
In the semester of intended graduation:
- Obtain the Request for Exception to Academic Regulation form and the graduation application from the Office of the Registrar. Work with your advisor to complete both forms.
- Take both forms (petition and application for graduation) to the Business Office to pay both the $50 graduation fee AND the late application fee of $50: $100 total. The Business Office will stamp your graduation application PAID.
- Bring the completed forms to the Office of the Registrar for presentation to the Admissions and Credits Committee for consideration.
- IF APPROVED, you will receive confirmation of approval, and a review will be sent to you and to your advisor.
- IF DENIED, you will be refunded the $50 late application fee, and your application will be processed for the next open degree conferral date.