Department of Education
Undergraduate Program Specialization Handbooks
- Art Education, P-Adult*
- Elementary Education |Philosophy and Themes*
- Early Education*
- English, 5-Adult*
- Family and Consumer Sciences, 5-Adult*
- Physical Education P-Adult, Health 5-Adult *
- Mathematics Education 5-9| Mathematics Education 5-12 *
- Music Education, P-Adult*
- Science Education, 5-Adult
- Social Studies, 5-Adult, 5-9
- Spanish Education, 5-Adult
Please note: the specialization handbooks are currently under revision. Students may contact advisors with questions.
* Revised Handbook
Scott Beard, Ph.D.
Dean of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education
Georgiann Toole, Ph.D.
Coordinator of the Master of Arts in Teaching Program
Coordinator of the Master of Curriculum and Instruction Program
The Shepherd University Department of Education is accredited by:
In the spring of 2011, Shepherd University’s Teacher Education Program passed the NCATE/ WVDE accreditation review with no reported deficiencies and received full accreditation. Shepherd University is proud of this notable achievement. Please go to the website below to examine the standards by which we were judged for our accreditation review.