The Shepherd Success Academy is a student success initiative focusing on undergraduate students starting their college journey from Orientation Step I in June. The program will focus on helping students avoid and overcome challenges they typically encounter as they transition from high school.
Personal success coach and mentor Academy Benefits
- Personalized fall semester success plan
- Improving time management and note taking skills for college level work
- Guide to campus academic and support resources
- Discover more about your unique learning style, strengths, and skills
First-year Student Fast Facts
- Many students come to college with little understanding of what it takes to succeed; they make an assumption that class attendance is optional, or that the level of effort that got them through high school will be sufficient for college work. Source: Retention and student success: Implementing strategies that make a difference, Ellucian
- Advising by professional staff, one-on-one and programs designed specifically for firstyear students were ranked “very effective” among 48 practices for student retention and college completion. Source: 2015 Ruffalo Noel Levitz | 2015 Student Retention and College Completion Practices Benchmark Report
- Students’ who engage with faculty and staff in the first three weeks of the semester are more likely to experience higher satisfaction and academic success.