User Conduct Policy
The library prohibits any kind of disruptive behavior on its premises, include the following:
- Threatening, intimidating, or abusive language or behavior
- Any form of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Excessive noise
- Fighting or other violent behavior
- Bringing any weapons into the building
- Overt sexual behavior
- Failure to leave the library at closing time
- Using skateboards or skates in the library or on Library porch or steps
- Bringing bicycles into the building
- Bringing bedding into the building
Food & Drink
- Snacks are permitted in the library.
- Foods other than snacks must be eaten in the 24 hour study room or outside the library.
- Food delivery to the library is prohibited. (Library special events must be coordinated through Nancy Cowherd.)
- Drinks are permitted in spill-proof beverage containers with covers.
Alcohol and tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes are strictly forbidden.
Additionally, smoking within 25 feet of a building or smoking on library steps, porch, or walkway is prohibited.
- Cell phone usage is prohibited in designed Quiet Study Areas, which includes the entire 3rd floor.
- Please set ring tone to silent or vibrate in all areas of the library.
The library does not take responsibility for theft of personal property in the library. It is up to users to safeguard their property. Please do not leave valuable items unattended in the library.
Children under the age of 12 may not be left unattended anywhere in the Library including the 24 hour room. For their own safety, children should be accompanied at all times by a parent or other adult. Parents are entirely responsible for children’s use of library materials, including access to online resources. The library provides complete, non-filtered access to the Internet for learning and research purposes.