Scarborough Library’s Mission and Values
The mission of the Scarborough Library is to be a leading resource for information, innovation, and community enrichment at Shepherd University and in the region. Our mission succeeds because we are dedicated to our core values: learning, service, accessibility and diversity, which are in direct alignment with the core values of Shepherd University: Learning, Engagement, Integrity, Accessibility and Community.
- Access to information in a wide variety of formats to advance the instructional goals of the campus.
- A knowledgeable and professional library staff that is committed to the academic success of our diverse student body and dedicated to supporting the research needs of our faculty.
- Providing off campus access to all of the library’s electronic subscription information to facilitate student learning.
- Exemplary customer service in all areas and to all library users.
- A collaborative working environment rooted in staff initiative and creativity and dedicated to continual professional development.
- Serve the larger Eastern Panhandle area as a valuable, intellectual and cultural resource to the community.
- A welcoming, comfortable and attractive environment that is conducive to academic pursuits and various learning styles.
- An atmosphere of mutual respect to all students, faculty and staff and library users.
- Open access to a diverse library collection and support for intellectual freedom and the values set forth by the American Library Association’s Bill of Rights.