Sophomore Year: Exploration
Several resources are available to Shepherd students, to assist in exploring career fields and professions. Even if your students has decided on a major, they may be trying to decide on their exact career path. The following is a helpful list for second year students.
- Talk with Career Services staff about formulating career goals
- Help build your resume by pursuing career and major-related opportunities.
- Read about different careers on the Career Services website and stop by the Career Services office in the Scarborough Library, rooms 104B and 104A.
- Use the Occupational Outlook Handbook to explore various career fields and professions.
- Attend CareerFest during the spring semester.
- Maintain a good academic record. Employers look at grades as an objective measure of your abilities and how well you manage your time.
- Update your resume and cover letters and have them critiqued by Career Services staff.