Look for these two features after the residency:
Schedule of Events
Monday, September 29, 2008
- 7:00 p.m. Screening of award-winning documentary "Queens of the Big Time," Reynolds Hall, sponsored by the Shepherdstown Film Society, with comments by Dr. Heidi Hanrahan.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- 7:00 p.m. "The Critics Corner and Talking about Big Stone Gap," Robert C. Byrd Center for Legislative Studies, sponsored by the Friends of the Shepherdstown Library, with panel discussants Professor Ethan Fischer, Sarah Eberle, Charles Walker, and Brittney Scaccia. Reception and Book Signing for Appalachian Writers Guild Anthology, Edited by L. G. Wise
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- 8:00 p.m. Scarborough Society Lecture and Awards Ceremony "The Voice of the 'Ferriner:' An Expatriate's View of the Appalachians in Literature," (Ms. Trigiani will receive the Appalachian Heritage Writer's Award and present her keynote address at Erma Ora Byrd Hall, followed by reception and book signing). The WV Fiction Writers awards will also be presented by Ms. Trigiani.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. Book Discussion with Area High School Students, Martinsburg High School
- 10:30 a.m. Reading at Martinsburg Public Library and Reception
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. "The Writing Life with Adriana Trigiani," Robert C. Byrd Center for Legislative Studies
Friday, October 3, 2008
- 8:00 p.m. Evening reading of award-winning word of fiction at The Appalachian Heritage Festival Concert
Saturday, October 4, 2008
- 8:00 p.m. The Appalachian Heritage Festival Concert
The 2007 Appalachian Heritage Writer-in-Residence Program is made possible with financial support from the West Virginia Humanities Council, the West Virginia Center for the Book, and the Shepherd University Foundation.