Residence Halls Close on Saturday, December 10 at 10:00am
- Residents must leave by Saturday, December 10 at 10:00am unless approved for extended stay.
- Extended stay applications are on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms. Students must submit request by Monday, December 5.
- Pack all belongings for a month-long break as students will not be able to access their spaces until their move in time block in January
- Clean and prepare your space by following the closing guide provided
- Check out of your space by following the QR code on your door
- If you are graduating or not planning/approved to return to housing in the spring, please fill out the Cancel Residency Agreement form on the Good Living Portal. Clear out all belongings and check out with an RA in person between December 5- December 9 from 10AM-10PM or December 10 8AM-10AM
✓ Pack ALL important belongings from your room
(ex: medication, books, passport, chargers, etc. You will not be permitted to enter your space during break)
✓ Empty trashcans and fridge of perishable items & take trash to dumpster outside
✓ Close & lock your windows, close & slat blinds
✓ Vacuum or sweep floors, wipe down surfaces, & clean up any mess
✓ Suites: clean shower, sink, and flush toilets
✓ Traditional: Make sure all personal items are removed from community spaces
✓ Unplug everything except fridge or fish tank
✓ Set room temperature to 68°F (Potomac Place, set to 68°F)
✓ Report any maintenance concerns on Good Living Portal
Once you are done preparing your room and are ready to leave scan the QR code on your door, and fill out the brief check out form, failure to checkout properly could result in billing
If you are unable to find the QR code follow the link here to fill out the check out form
Graduating or Not Planning to Return?
Complete the Cancel Residency Agreement form found on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms.
- You must check out with a Resident Assistant before leaving, failure to do so could result in improper check out fees
- RA’s will be available for in person check out Monday December 5-Friday December 9 from 10AM-10PM
- On Saturday December 10 checkout times will begin at 8AM and end at 10AM when halls close
- All belongings must be removed from the space if there no plans to return
- The space must be cleaned and ready for a new occupant upon student departure
- Remove all items from the fridge (that will perish over break)
- Clean all surfaces in the kitchen
- Clean and remove any dishes from the sink
- Label any food that will be used over break or will not expire until after 1/6
Any food items left in the community kitchen fridge over break that are left unlabeled will be discarded
- Remove all clothing items from machines and folding tables
- Clean out lint traps after use
- Throw all trash items (dryer sheets and lint) into the trash can provided
Any items left in the community laundry room over break will be discarded
Need to stay over break?
Complete the extended stay request found on the Good Living Portal under Applications & Forms.
- You will be billed $25 a day unless you are part of a University-approved activity, sporting event, or group
- You will receive a confirmation email of your extended stay status from Residence Life
Resident Assistants will still conduct a Health and Safety Inspection of every room on December 10 beginning at 10 AM
January Move in
Keep an eye on your student email for more information on selecting your move in time block