Main Menu

Updating Your Address with DHS

All non-U.S. citizens who are present in the United States for more than 29 days are required to notify the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) of any change in their U.S. address within 10 days of the change. This includes lawful permanent residents of the U.S.
If you are in F1 or J1 status, you must report address information to your school or J program sponsor which will be reported to DHS on your behalf. In addition to a current U.S. address, F-1 students are also required to maintain home country address information. Those who are not in F or J status must report address information to DHS directly.

See below for guidance on how to report address changes to fulfill DHS reporting requirements. If you are on University payroll, you should also notify your department administrator to be sure that your payroll records are updated as well. Academic and immigration records are maintained separately from payroll records.

Updating Your Address