Date: June 29, 2021
COVID-19 Policy Updates
The Campus Health Task Force is continuing to meet this summer to review and update our COVID policies based on the ever changing landscape of the pandemic. Fortunately, the changes that we are witnessing are nearly all positive and for that we are eternally grateful. Below are items of importance for your review:
UPDATES to Begin July 1, 2021:
- Signs will be posted across campus stating “Please wear a mask unless you are fully vaccinated”. What does this mean for you? Shepherd values health, safety and honesty. We believe that this expectation will be honored by our campus community and guests.
- Six feet social distancing mandate will be discontinued.
What does this mean for you? We will no longer be restricting rooms and events to maintain a 6’ distance between people. We do recommend that care be taken to allow some distance between people, such as 3’.
- Offices of the university will not directly solicit information from campus visitors regarding their vaccination status.
What does this mean for you? We are no longer encouraging or allowing the practice of requiring proof of vaccination by asking guests, contractors, etc. to show their vaccine card. If anyone visits your area, you can simply point to the sign that we will provide to you.
- Getting vaccinated and registering your vaccine is strongly encouraged and highly recommended for staff, faculty and students – especially with the new COVID-19 variant gaining prevalence.
- You will be responsible for taking several steps if you choose not to register your vaccine in Shepherd’s system.
– What does this mean for you? If you do not register your vaccine, you will be directed to do the following:
• Participate in onboard testing in August
• Participate in surveillance testing on campus
• Complete the daily health form
• Quarantine if exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive
• Continue to wear a mask while indoors except when alone in your private office
– Supervisors will be encouraged to assist with policy compliance of their staff. Separate emails about this will be sent to all supervisors later this week.
The percentage of individuals on campus who have registered their vaccine has increased AGAIN! Currently 63% of our staff and faculty have registered their vaccine. We know our percentage of vaccinations is higher than that so if you have been vaccinated, we are counting on you to let us know ASAP by clicking Register Your Vaccination Here. We have big plans for the Fall as we welcome our students back to the campus that they know and love, but we need to raise our percentage to ensure our campus is safe for everyone. Please take a minute and register your vaccine today.
Remember, the best defense against COVID-19 is to be vaccinated.
I would like to take this time to thank the members of our Campus Health Task Force for their continued dedication to guiding our campus through these unprecedented times.
Additional information on our August opening will be coming soon.
Holly Morgan Frye
Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Community Relations
Chair of Campus Health Task Force
Date: June 7, 2021
Vaccination Registration Memo