Annual donors to The Shepherd Fund have made possible $10,000 for mini-grants to the faculty through the Professional Development Committee. The Committee will allocate these monies to deserving full-time tenured or tenure-track Shepherd University faculty. Mini-grant funds are to be utilized as a supplement after reasonable effort has been made to access other resources.
Grants will be considered for activities in the following areas:
- Research, preparation of manuscripts, publication, etc.
- Presentations at academic conferences, seminars, workshops
- Curriculum development and related activities
- Creative activities, such as art shows, recitals, and the like
- Awards ordinarily will not exceed $500. However, if additional funds would be helpful, include the costs anticipated and the rationale for these costs.
- A Word document copy of the request should be submitted no later than October 19, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications shall be reviewed and awards shall be made by November 6, 2020.
- After completion or no later than June 30, 2021, a recipient must file a written discussion and any supporting reports of the project with the Office of Advancement with a copy of these documents forwarded to the Chair of the Professional Development Committee.
- Funds from other sources plus mini grant funds cannot exceed the total cost of the activity
- Grants can be awarded for no more than two consecutive years.
- Purpose of activity
- Detailed description of activity
- Benefits to the University and recipient
- Proposed utilization of funds
- Other expected sources of funding:
VPAA Supplemental Funding $________
Department Funding $________
Mini-Grant Funding Requested $________
Any questions regarding mini-grants should be directed to the Chair of the Professional Development Committee, Kathleen Reid. email@example.com