Starting salaries are set at the discretion of the Provost/VPAA and General Counsel, with market factors, salaries of current faculty, and availability of funds all being factors. The processes for salary increases are explained earlier in this Handbook.
Other Faculty Rates of Pay
The following rates of pay have been established for adjunct faculty and overloads:
- Doctoral Degree and Terminal Degree Holders: $837.00 per semester hour credit
- Master’s Degree Holders: $681.00 per semester hour credit
- Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Holders and those with No Degree: $458.00 per semester hour credit
- Nursing clinical faculty will be paid at the rate of $45.00 per contact hour.
- Applied music faculty will be paid at the rate of $640.00 per student credit hour.
Exceptions to the stated rates of pay may be authorized by the Provost/VPAA when extraordinary circumstances justify additional compensation. Factors which will control such determination include: (1) extraordinary credentials or experience; (2) unique qualifications for a critically needed course; and (3) market factors which create extreme difficulties for the University in acquiring needed part-time faculty.
For summer instruction, the rates of pay have been established as follows:
Full-time faculty the rates are as follow:
- Doctoral Degree Holders: $1102.00 per semester hour credit
- Master’s Degree Holders: $979.00 per semester hour credit
- Baccalaureate Degree Holders: $857.00 per semester hour credit
- Doctoral Degree: $847 per semester hour credit
- Master’s Degree: $724 per semester hour credit
- Baccalaureate Degree: $602 per semester hour credit