Main Menu


If you failed to maintain your F-1 status and would like to stay in the U.S. so that you can finish your degree, you must regain your F-1 status.

Status violations are a serious matter and we want to help you regain your status. Reinstatement of F-1 status is an option, but there are risks associated with the process. The decision to proceed with a reinstatement application must be made in close consultation with International Student Affairs. We will assist you to prepare your best case for reinstatement or discuss other options, if available.

Reinstatement is only granted under the limited conditions and is completely at the discretion of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The reason by which a student is seeking the reinstatement must be supported by the regulations.

Please schedule an appointment with International Student Affairs to discuss the situation, options, and process.