Transfer students must come to the Orientation session listed below. More information will be sent to you on how to complete the reservation process. To ensure complete confidentiality of the materials created specifically for you, please bring your ID with you to Orientation.
|January 11, 2019||Student Schedule|
Orientation Step 1: A&R is designed specifically to help you make a smooth transition from a previous college or university, or as you return to Shepherd
Please make arrangements with family and work obligations in order to be on campus the entire day as this session is typically a full day program.
What To Bring:
What Is Included:
|Photo ID||Sessions with faculty advisors to plan your schedule|
|Pencil/Pen and Paper||Campus Tour (optional)|
|Cell Phone||All materials specific to each student|
|Jackets or Sweaters (meeting rooms may be cold)||Registration for classes and leaving with your class schedule|
|Comfortable walking shoes||A transcript evaluation|
|Health Forms (if need/if completed)||Answers to your questions!|
- Transfer students who were enrolled in coursework for the Fall 2018 semester, or quarter at your previous institution, should request that an official transcript is sent to the Office of Admissions at Shepherd University as soon as possible.
- If you have not yet submitted official transcripts from all previous institutions, please do so as soon as possible for an accurate evaluation of your coursework.
- If your official transcript does not reflect your Fall 2018 coursework, please bring unofficial copies to review with your academic advisor.
Note that part of the registration process includes a transcript evaluation.
How long will Orientation Step I: A&R last?
- To ensure you are able to complete the entire program, plan to be on campus until 4 p.m.
- It takes time to be advised and to register for classes and times will vary depending on your major.