Annual donors to The Shepherd Fund have made possible $10,000 for mini-grants to the faculty through the Professional Development Committee. The Committee will allocate these monies to deserving full-time tenured or tenure-track Shepherd University faculty. Mini-grant funds are to be utilized as a supplement after reasonable effort has been made to access other resources.
Grants will be considered for activities in the following areas:
- Research, preparation of manuscripts, publication, etc.
- Presentations at academic conferences, seminars, workshops
- Curriculum development and related activities
- Creative activities, such as art shows, recitals, and the like
- Awards ordinarily will not exceed $500. However, if additional funds would be helpful, include the costs anticipated and the rationale for these costs.
- A Word document copy of the request should be submitted no later than November 1, 2017, and one (1) paper copy is to be sent to the chair of the Professional Development Committee.
- Applications shall be reviewed and awards shall be made by January 19, 2018.
- After completion or no later than June 30, 2018, a recipient must file a written discussion and any supporting reports of the project with the Office of Advancement with a copy of these documents forwarded to the Chair of the Professional Development Committee.
- Funds from other sources plus mini grant funds cannot exceed the total cost of the activity
- Grants can be awarded for no more than two consecutive years.
- Purpose of activity
- Detailed description of activity
- Benefits to the University and recipient
- Proposed utilization of funds
- Other expected sources of funding:
VPAA Supplemental Funding $________
Department Funding $________
Mini-Grant Funding Requested $________
Any questions regarding mini-grants should be directed to the Chair of the Professional Development Committee, Kathleen Reid. email@example.com