Hold, Recall and Fetch
A hold may be placed on an item that is currently charged to another patron. The patron will not be able to renew the item. When the item is returned, the patron who placed the hold will be notified by phone and/or email and may pick up the item at the Public Services desk.
A recall may be placed on an item that is currently charged to another patron. The patron will have 10 days in which to return the recalled item before being charged .50/day until it is returned. When the item is returned, the patron who placed the recall will be notified by phone and/or email and may pick up the item at the Public Services desk. Only current faculty, staff, and students may recall items.
Fetch allows a patron to place a request for an available item to be pulled from the shelf and placed on hold at the Public Services desk. Patrons are notified by e-mail when their items are ready to be picked up at the Public Services desk. Patrons are limited to five requests per day.
Requested items are held for three days before being returned to the collection.
To request an item:
- Search the Max Online Catalog for the item you wish to request then click on Make a Request located on the right side of the page.
- Enter your Rambler ID or community number in the Rambler ID field then click Submit.
- Choose Hold, Recall or Fetch.
- Fill in the form and click “Submit”.
- A message stating, “Your Request Was Successful” will appear at the top of the page in red.
To Cancel a Request:
- Log into your Max Online Catalog account by clicking the My Library Account link on the library’s homepage or on My Account tab in the Max Online Catalog.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find Requests Pending section.
- Check the one(s) you want to cancel and click on Cancel Request.
- The status of the item will show up as “Canceled …”.