LEARN, LEAD, AND SERVE
Shepherd University is committed to building leaders by engineering opportunities for leadership development. Some of this growth happens through academic programs, internships, and interactions with faculty. However, research affirms that student leadership development occurs most frequently outside the classroom through involvement in student activities, community service projects, on-campus employment, and targeted leadership programs.
Shepherd’s Student Affairs Division supports a wide variety of leadership development opportunities designed to foster and empower leaders including
- practical student leadership experiences by working with Student Government Association, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Program Board, Student Life Council, Multicultural Leadership Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, and many other groups
- the free annual Student Leadership Conference
- the Leadership for a Better World Certificate Program
- Opportunities to develop as a leader by participating in one of Shepherd’s diverse student clubs or organizations
- Student employment and internship opportunities
- Providing hundreds of opportunities for community service and service learning.