Password Change Directive
In order to secure our campus technology and data IT Services is mandating periodic password changes.
IT Services requires the following standards when selecting passwords:
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must include at least one lower-case and one upper-case letter
- Must include at least one numeral
- Must include at least one special characters (example: $, #, @, !)
- Passwords must be changed at least every 180 days
- Passwords should not be reused
Directions on how to change your password in RAIL:
What do I need to Log into RAIL?
– Your 9-digit Shepherd ID (SID). This is the nine digit number on the back of your Rambler card.
– Your PIN for RAIL.
- Go to RAIL
- Go to Personal Information.
- Select Password Management.
- Click on Change password. The password must follow the standards listed above.
- Log out of RAIL and wait at least five minutes for the password to update.