Main Menu


F-1 students are eligible to work in the U.S. with certain restrictions. For information on F-1 employment options, refer to the following topics:

On-Campus Employment
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) (Internship)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) (Pre- and Post-completion of studies)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) STEM Extension
Cap Gap Relief for OPT – H-1B Transition

Students are encouraged to work closely with Career Services in building their resume, gaining interview skills, and in locating employment. Also, recommend that students keep this information sheet handy during the job search: What Employers Should Know about Hiring International Students.

Related Topics

Social Security