Shepherd University continually seeks strategic partnerships that enhance its network supporting its international education initiatives. At this page are tabs and links to the University’s key partners.
Fulbright Scholar Programs (US scholars, visiting scholars, and institutional)
Fulbright US Student Program (study, research and English Teaching Assistant Program)
Fulbright International Education Administrator Seminars (France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, and UK
IREX (undergraduate programs for Pakistani and Tunisian students).
Education USA advisors network
Click Here to see West Virginia’s engagement toward International Students
Shepherd University is assembling a select group of strategic partners who support one another in student and faculty exchange, developing joint and dual degree programs, teaching and research collaboration, and in arranging special programming. In addition, these partners serve as portals into their surrounding regions, offering enhanced opportunities for students and faculty to pursue their academic interests and goals.
Partners for General Collaboration and Exchange (* for separate student exchange)
- Anáhuac University*, Mexico Norte, Mexico
- International University of Grand Bassam, Côte d’Ivoire
- Istanbul Zaim University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Ministry of Education and Scientific Research, Mali
- Nanhua University, Chiayi, Taiwan
- Osaka University of Commerce, Osaka, Japan
- University of Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
- University of the West of Scotland*, Paisley, Scotland, UK
Exploratory, Articulation and Dual Admission Agreements, Joint and Dual Degree Programs (in development)
- Gamal Abdel Nasser University, Conakry, Guinea (exploratory)
- Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering in Health Systems, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan (exploratory)
- School and Faculty of Medicine, Tsukuba University, Tsukuba, Japan (exchange)
- College of Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia (2+2 Business and Computer Science)
- Scottish Qualifications Authority. Higher National Diploma issued globally for Computer Science (approximately equivalent to an Associate Degree)
Shepherd University is partners with a select group of agencies who specialize in the recruitment of international students.
- Abroad Campus, headquartered in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Deepak Enterprises, headquartered in Jalandhar, Punjab, India
- Enbee Education Center, headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Glory Educational Services, Ltd, headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria
- International Career Counseling Centre, headquartered in Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kanan International Pvt. Ltd, headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Nam Ahn Education, headquartered in Ha Noi, Vietnam
- ONG IPS, headquartered in Abijan, Cote d’Ivoire
- Triumph Education, headquartered in St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada
- TPNL, headquartered in Dhaka, Bangaladesh
Advisory Councils and Committees
Shepherd University has several groups that guide and support the University’s global engagement.
The Internationalization Advisory Council serves as the senior-level board overseeing the implementation of the goals and objectives outlined in the University’s Strategic Plan for Internationalization (2012-22). It also serves as the primary advisory body to the Director, International Initiatives. Members are appointed by the Provost. Current Chair is Dean Ann Marie Legreid. The records of the Council’s meetings are archived in Sakai.
Regional Strategy Committees are established for Africa, Asia, Australia and Oceania, the Middle East, and the Americas. Specializing in a geographic region, each committee provides expert advice on Shepherd University’s strategic plan for academic engagement within that region. Committees meet periodically within the academic year and the respective chairs sit on the Internationalization Advisory Council.
Global Studies Advisory Council serves as an advisory group to the Director of the Global Studies Bachelor of Arts degree program, Dr. Aart Holtslag. The board reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the degree program itself, with representatives from across the Shepherd campus, i.e., History (Dr. Sally Brasher), Modern Languages (Dr. Denis Berenschot), Chemistry (Dr. JacLyn Cole), Economics (Dr. Linda Kinney), Geography and Sociology (Dr. Ann Marie Legreid), and Yin Star (Study Abroad Director).