Note: make sure you download Adobe XI (11.0.02) of Adobe Reader to fill in the form: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Curriculum for a Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Higher Education, 15 Hours:
The CSDA graduate certificate (15 credit hours) in the Foundations of Higher Education prepares professionals who currently work in higher or tertiary education to increase their understanding of who today’s college students are and ways to interact with them to improve their transition to and retention in higher and tertiary education.
- CSDA 515 – Higher Education Administration and Legal Accountability (3cr)
- CSDA 550 – Student Development Theory (3 cr)
- CSDA 551 – Social Justice in Higher Education (3cr)
- CSDA 570 – Helping and Advising (3cr)
- CSDA 613 – The Higher Education Student (3 cr)
General Application Procedures
Please follow the steps listed below in completing this application form:
- The application is required of all degree-seeking students, regardless of whether you are interested in part-time or full-time studies.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is required of all applicants, except for those parties listed in #3. A check or money order, payable to Shepherd University, should be sent with this application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Application fees are waived for current Shepherd students, alumni, and employees.
- Please read the statement which relates to the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Students wishing to pursue a graduate certificate may enroll as a certificate-only student or may pursue the certificate while working toward any graduate degree.