Students with differing abilities may be eligible for services and reasonable accommodations at Shepherd University.
In order to request services, students must:
- Visit the Disability Support Services (DSS) office located in the lower level of Gardiner Hall, Room G-13, or the DSS website and complete the Accommodation Request Form
- Submit appropriate documentation (see Documentation Guidelines)
- Schedule a meeting with the DSS staff to review granted accommodations. The student can appeal accommodation decisions by contacting the Student Affairs designee.
- The Student Affairs designee will meet with the student and communicate a decision within five business days.
- If not satisfied with the appeal through the Student Affairs designee, a student can appeal to the Vice President for Student Affairs. The Vice President for Student Affairs can be reached by telephone at (304) 876-5214. The decision of the Vice President for Student Affairs is final.
The Office of Disability Support Services at Shepherd University offers accommodations that are appropriately tailored to a student’s needs both in and out of the classroom.