March 24, 2020, 8:27 a.m.
Dear PEIA Policyholder,
We wanted to give you an update on how PEIA is responding to the pandemic.
- In accordance with Governor Justice’s order, PEIA’s office is closed. Much of our staff is working remotely, but we are unable to answer phone calls directly.If you need assistance, you have several options:
- You may call the office at 1-888-680-7342, and leave a message. A staff member will return your call within 3-5 business days.
- You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We are monitoring that e-mail and will respond as soon as we can.
- Follow PEIA on Facebook at PEIA – West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency.You can private message us on Facebook, and a staff member will respond.
- Check our website at www.wvpeia.com or peia.wv.gov. We are updating information there as quickly as we can.
- UMR is receiving, processing and paying health claims, and they continue to perform the other vital functions they provide us. You can reach UMR at 1-888-440-7342.
- You can check out PEIA’s COVID-19 policy on our website at https://peia.wv.gov/news_center/Pages/COVID19.aspx
- You can also find contact information for all of our vendors on our website, just click on the Partners tab, then click on the vendor you want.
- We are printing the Shopper’s Guide now, and will mail it next week. It is already available on our website at https://peia.wv.gov/Forms-Downloads/Pages/Shopper%27s-Guides.aspx
- Because there are very few changes in health plans this year, we plan to conduct Open Enrollment as scheduled. The dates are April 2 through May 15. Open Enrollment transactions can be completed online via the Manage My Benefits portion of the PEIA website or you can request a transfer form by phone at 1-877-676-5573 beginning on April 2.
- We will be conducting benefit fairs via conference call this year. There will be no face-to-face benefit fairs. Here’s the conference call schedule:
We look forward to the day when we can get back to business as usual.We encourage you to follow the guidance issued by the CDC and our state health officials. Please stay safe, stay distant and wash your hands!
Your PEIA Team
If you need assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org