MEMO DATE: March 20, 2:21 p.m.
Important Notice to ALL EMPLOYEES
In a continuing effort to maintain a safe campus for everyone, Facilities and the Shepherd University Police (SUPD) will be taking the following steps:
- Following the CDC guidance in limiting person-to-person contact, our goal is to reduce walk-in traffic to our offices and to protect our assets in these buildings.
- Locking/securing most campus buildings during this time when students and many employees are not on campus on a daily basis. Employees who have a key or card to gain access to a building may do so. If you do not have a key or card access but are authorized to be in a building, please call SUPD at 304-876-5202 for assistance. (To save time, please remember to bring your Rambler Card or other device for access if you plan to enter any of these buildings.)
- Police and Facilities spend a significant amount of time daily to lock and unlock each building. Since many buildings will not be occupied during the COVID-19 containment period, this action will be helpful during our periods of reduced staffing.
- All classrooms (excluding designated labs) will be sanitized and then secured to prevent recontamination. Please notify Facilities Management at Extension x5236 to report broken seals on secured entry points.
The following buildings are included in this plan:
- Police Headquarters
- McMurran Hall
- Reynolds Hall
- Wellness Center (continuing)
- Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional, History and Education
- The Student Center
- Knutti Hall
- White Hall
- Snyder Hall
- Gardiner Hall
- Ikenberry Hall
- Miller Hall
- Stutzman/Slonaker* (No access to first and second floors)
- Erma Ora Byrd
- Frank Center
- Butcher Center
- CCA I and CCA II (prior to May 1st)
Appropriate notification will occur as updates and/or revisions become necessary.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation with this plan. For any concerns or other information, please email Pam Stevens at email@example.com.
Pamela W. Stevens, CPA
VP for Finance/CFO