Admission Requirements for High School Seniors
* Written letters of recommendation from a science teacher, principal or guidance counselor, and community leader.
* Demonstrated maturity, citizenship, leadership, service, and scholarship.
* Minimum 3.75 high school GPA and minimum ACT 24 or SAT 1100.
Students accepted into the program will be guaranteed admission to the WVU School of Medicine if they:
* Graduate from Shepherd University with all required courses for admission to the School of Medicine.
* Maintain a 3.5 GPA at Shepherd in their science courses.
* Take the Medical College Aptitude Test (MCAT) and score at or above the minimum score required for admission to the WVU School of Medicine.
* Fulfill preparatory, citizenship, and service requirements.
* Successfully complete an application and interview process.
To remain in the program while enrolled at Shepherd, students must:
* Maintain a science GPA of 3.5
* Participate in preplanned medical experiences, reading, and study skill examinations.
* Participate in an ongoing enrichment and community service program.
* Maintain standards of honesty, integrity, and citizenship.