Admission Requirements for High School Seniors
* Written letters of recommendation (three) from a science teacher, principal or guidance counselor, and community leader.
* Demonstrated maturity, citizenship, leadership, service, and scholarship.
* Minimum 3.75 high school GPA and minimum ACT 24 or SAT 1100.
Students accepted into the program will be guaranteed admission to the WVU School of Dentistry if they:
* Successfully attain the required courses for admission.
* Maintain overall and science GPAs of 3.5 at Shepherd.
* Take the Dental Admission Test (DAT) and score at or above the average score.
* Fulfill preparatory, citizenship, and service requirements.
* Successfully complete an application and interview process.
To remain in the program while enrolled at Shepherd, students must:
* Maintain 3.5 overall and science GPAs.
* Participate in the Retention through Early Acceptance Program (REAP), community service and shadowing programs.
* Maintain standards of honesty, integrity, and citizenship.