Shepherd University accepts transfer students each fall, spring and summer semester.
- At least 24 earned college level credits from regionally accredited institutions.
- A 2.00 cumulative college GPA from all previously attempted coursework. Select disciplines at Shepherd (including nursing, education, and social work) have additional admission requirements.
- If a student has less than 24 earned college credits, a high school transcript will be required. If the student graduated from high school within the past five year SAT/ACT scores will also be required.
- Applicants must be in good standing and eligible to return to all former institutions.
While we operate on rolling admissions, it is suggested you apply the semester before you intend to enroll at Shepherd University.
2. Submit the $45 application fee or an approved application fee waiver.
3. Send an official high school transcript or GED to Shepherd either electronically to email@example.com or via mail to:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 5000
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
4. Send your SAT or ACT scores. (SAT code: 5615, ACT code: 4532).
5. It is recommended that you submit a personal statement with your application. Personal statements can be typed into the online application, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of writing prompts, click here.