Shepherd University Research Corporation
Shepherd University Research Corporation (SURC) was established in November 2005 to help foster and support research at Shepherd University. In that regard SURC works closely with members of the Shepherd University faculty and administration to identify potential funding sources and develop proposals to secure external support for university, school, department, and faculty initiatives. As a non-profit corporation SURC is able to assist in interfacing academic disciplines with businesses and industries.
As part of a greater campus community we work with faculty, staff, and administrators in many different ways. Some of the most common activities include:
- Fostering increased research and scholarly activities by faculty in all academic disciplines thereby helping to attract and retain high caliber faculty
- Supporting the efforts of staff and administrators to secure external funding to improve facilities, enhance services, and develop programs impacting the campus community
- Working with stakeholders to seek out and secure funding to support research, scholarly activities, campus programs, and academic ventures
- Sponsoring workshops to increase awareness of funding sources, preparation of proposals for submission to funding agencies, and relevant university policies and procedures
- Securing opportunities for students to work as part of a team on funded research projects to enrich their learning experiences, increase their skills, and prepare them for future careers
- Identifying opportunities to involve local partners (business, non-profits, governmental agencies) in advancing research and economic development that benefits the Eastern Panhandle and four-state region
Research, scholarship, and collaborative activities can be found in all of the academic schools and administrative areas of the campus. The diverse nature of these activities is the direct result of the dedication and motivation of members of the Shepherd University community. We hope that this site is useful to you in both exploring the grant activities here at Shepherd and in preparing proposals for submission.