Individuals who take summer courses at Shepherd University will have the opportunity to live in Printz Hall for free if you enroll for 3 credits. The free housing offer is available for each summer term. To see if you qualify, details are listed below or call our office at 304-876-5172.
Benefits of taking a summer class:
- Make upcoming semesters a little bit lighter
- Catch up on credits or pre-requisites
- Obtain the credits you need to graduate on time or early
- Stay in an academic routine to stay successful
To register for a summer courses, visit: http://www.shepherd.edu/registrar
Free Summer Housing Program Details
- Available to all individuals taking Shepherd University summer courses (commuters, residents, graduate students, and visiting students are encouraged to apply!)
- A free Printz Hall apartment that has two to three bedrooms with two people in each room*
- Wireless and Ethernet port internet access
- Furnished living room
- Full kitchen with four high-top chairs for dining
- One bathroom for each apartment
- Twin beds
- Desk and chair
- Three-drawer night stand
- Built-in closets
- Cable television access included
- Supportive and available staff
- Free Access to Laundry
*The free summer housing is for a double occupancy room. If you do not wish to have a roommate, there is an additional fee for single occupancy requests. You are also only allowed free housing during the Summer term dates listed below if Residence Life determines eligibility. If you wish to arrive earlier or stay later, you will have to apply for extended stay by contacting our office at 304-876-5172. Additional nights not covered under the free summer housing program are assessed at $25/night.
Steps to Sign-Up for Summer Housing 2018
- Register for summer term courses or decide to live on campus during the summer*.
- Complete a Summer 2018 Housing Contract available through our Good Living Portal.
- Submit a $100 damage deposit unless you already have one on file (typically current residents have this on file).
- Residence Life Office will confirm your eligibility for free housing or will assess fees, as appropriate.
- After reviewing and approving your paperwork, Residence Life will communicate your check-in and check-out dates.
Summer 2018 Housing Terms
Summer Housing Session A* : Sunday, May 20 to Wednesday, June 20
- To receive free housing, you must be enrolled in 3 credits during the summer housing session A dates**.
- Example: Student is taking 3 credits during summer session A.
Summer Housing Session B* : Sunday, July 8 to Thursday, August 7
- To receive free housing, you must be enrolled of 3 credits during the summer housing session B dates**.
- Example: Student is taking 3 credits during summer session B.
Summer Housing* : Sunday, May 20 to Tuesday, August 7
- To receive free housing, you must be always enrolled for a total of 3 credits during the summer housing dates**.
- Example 1: Student is taking 3 credits during summer session.
- Example 2: Student is taking 3 credits in summer session A and 3 credits in summer session B.
*Students enrolling for both Summer A and Summer B do not need to check out of the residence halls between sessions. However, you will need to check with the Residence Life office to see if you qualify for free housing during both terms. Additionally, you will need to request an extended stay if you wish to check-in or check-out outside of the summer term dates. This is assessed an additional $25/night cost. We may not be able to accommodate these requests, so please call our office at 304-876-5172 if you are requesting extended stay or early arrival.
**Residence Life reserves the right to determine whether a student is eligible for free summer housing. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact our office at 304-876-5172.
Summer Housing Costs (if not eligible for free summer housing)
Summer Session A
Summer Session B
|Check-in Date||Sunday, May 20||Sunday, July 8||Sunday, May 20|
|Check-out Date||Wednesday, June 20||Tuesday, August 7||Tuesday, August 7|
|Cost for students registered and eligible for free summer housing||No cost||No cost||No cost|
|Cost for students not eligible for free summer housing||$870||$870||$1740|
|Additional cost for single occupancy room***||$435||$435||$870|
|Additional cost for housing not during Summer term dates||$25/night||$25/night||$25/night|
**Summer Session covers the span of Summer A and B sessions, so students will not be required to pay fees for Summer A and B if they choose to pay and stay during the Summer session dates.
***Single rooms must be requested. The free summer housing program only covers the cost of a double occupancy room.