Student Teaching Eligibility
To be eligible for review for admission to student teaching, the student must:
- Have passed Juncture 2 Review;
- Have full status in the Teacher Education Program;
- Have made satisfactory progress in portfolio development;
- Have the required GPA (set by Specialization area with 2.75 the minimum) in both Educational Studies and Overall;
- Have no grade lower than a “C” in all Education Studies courses;
- Have met all requirements as specified by the specialization/endorsement in the Catalog or specialization handbook;
- Continue free of conviction for felony or any charge involving moral character.
If admission to student teaching is approved, the student must attend the Pre-Student Teaching Meeting held approximately the 4th week of each semester prior to the Student Teaching Semester.
Student Teaching Spring Semester 2017
Student teaching applications are due by September 28, 2016.
Student Teaching Orientation will be held on January 10, 2017, 8:15 AM-2:30 PM in the Storer Ballroom.
14 Week Student Teaching Assignment: January 16-April 21, 2017.
2 7 Week Student Teaching Assignments: January 16-March 3 & March 6-April 21, 2017.
Student teaching applications for Fall 2017 are due by February 15, 2017.