- science education and scientific literacy.
- excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- rigorous teaching standards based on effective and innovative pedagogy.
- assessment as an essential tool for continual improvement.
- mentoring as an integral component for success.
- research as a vital part of an undergraduate curriculum.
- a curriculum that develops interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- a community and setting in which each person is able to reach his or her full potential.
- mutual respect among all individuals, and integrity in all aspects of School activities.
Adopted 28 November 2011