We believe that:
- a society that understands mathematics and science is better able to make informed decisions about health, economic, and environmental issues.
- instruction in mathematics and science should be up-to-date, innovative, rigorous, and encourage the development of knowledge and skills.
- laboratory experiences are essential elements of mathematics and science education.
- we must provide the highest quality of instruction for a diverse population of students.
- we should promote scientific literacy through words and actions, and all students should be afforded the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Adopted 28 November 2011