How do I go back to a tool’s main screen?
Most tools have a start or main screen. The main screen is the screen that you see when you open the tool for the first time. Follow the file “bread crumbs” to get to the tool’s main screen.
- Go to the class/site you want to edit
- Select Site Editor, then Manage Tools.
- Select Manage Tools
- Find Tool in the list and put a check mark in the box next to it
- Select Continue, and Finish
- The new tool should now show up in the left column.
- *** Do not uncheck the Site Editor***
If you are not using a tool in the left navigation you should remove it so that it avoids confusion to the student.
How do I get a Sakai site?
To obtain a Sakai Site, simply login to Shepherd’s Sakai. You must first have a Shepherd email account with a username and password. You should receive this information when you signed a contract with Shepherd University. Once the paperwork has been established, you will received instructions on how to obtain your username and password.
Can I get Sakai training for myself and/or my department?
The Center for Teaching, Learning and Instructional Resources offers training sessions in Sakai (and other instructional technology tools as well). We offer:
- group training
- departmental training
- one-on-one training
To schedule a training session please contact the Instructional Technologist at email@example.com.
How can I see what my students see?
We have created several student test accounts within the Sakai environment. You will need to contact Rich Lanham at firstname.lastname@example.org for the usernames and passwords for these test accounts. Once you have received the information you will add the student account to your Sakai Class/site. To do this you will need to:
- You will first need to enter the class/site
- Go to Site Editor (located at left column)
- Select Add Participants (located at top of window, 3rd tab from left)
- In the window called Username, put in the first part of the student/test username
- Choose a role for the participant (in this case, student observer)
- Select finish
Your student/test account is now in your Sakai class/site.
Once you have taken these steps you can log out of your instructor account and login to the student/test account using the username and password given to you by email.