Connect With Student Affairs

International Student Affairs

Student Center
Suite 122

Phone: 304.876.5325

International Student Affairs


For on Campus housing questions, contact Residence Life Office.

On-campus: Basic furnishings in rooms are supplied (bed frame, mattress, dresser, closet, lights, and curtains). Students are responsible for supplying items such as bed linens, towels, refrigerators, microwaves, televisions, computers, and other personal items. International Student Affairs may be able to loan out some of these items to international students that don’t have them.

Each Residence Hall room is provided with a phone jack to make free calls on campus and within the Shepherdstown community. Students need to provide their own telephone to use this line.

The internet is an excellent way to keep in touch with people at home. Students have access to computer labs across campus with high speed internet connections. There are also internet ports in each residence hall room for students to plug their own computers into. A great resource is a program called Skype. Skype is a free computer to computer voice over IP service to anywhere in the world. It also offers relatively inexpensive computer to landline phone international calling.

Off-Campus: All traditional students are required to live on campus all 4 years. There are exceptions to this requirement and it can be found at www… If you do apply for off campus housing and are approved finding housing in Shepherdstown can be expensive and difficult to find. Arrangements for off campus housing are made between the student and the landlord and can include bills such as water, trash, sewage, gas, electric, phone, and internet. If you do chose to live off campus meals may still be purchased through Dining Services meal plan.

The Residence Halls close over Thanksgiving break (November), in between fall and spring semester (Mid-December to Mid-January), over spring break (Mid-March) and over the summer. Unless students live in the apartments on campus, they are not permitted to remain in the Residence Halls during these times. If a student needs somewhere to stay over break, they can contact Mary Beth Walling in Student Affairs who has a list of people in the community that have offered their homes for international students to stay in over the breaks.

Heading Level Two On Page

Content Here

International Student Affairs Home





What to Bring


Helpful Information


Applying to
Shepherd University  

To apply to Shepherd University,
contact the Admissions Office and ask to speak with
Melissa Godwin
Admissions Counselor
AIM Screen Name: suadmmg