Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy Program
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF A SEXUAL ASSAULT IT IS IMPORTANT TO REACH OUT FOR SUPPORT BY CONTACTING:
- Health Center (8:00am - 4:30pm)
- University Police
- Dean of Students
- Counseling Services
- Shenandoah Women’s Center
(24 hour-Hour Hotline)
- Or any member of the Residence Life or Student Affairs staff
(see campus directory)
A VICTIM-ADVOCATE CAN BE ASSIGNED TO ANY STUDENT WHO REPORTS A SEXUAL ASSAULT.
The Role Of The Victim-Advocate:
- Provide medical and legal advocacy for victims of sexual assault.
- Make appropriate referrals and provide resources for victims.
- Assist victims in obtaining academic accommodations and other support services.
- Ensure consistency of care and response for all victims.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- Shepherd University Health Center
- WVUH-East Jefferson Memorial Hospital (Jefferson County)
- WVUH-East City Hospital (Berkeley County)
- Shepherd University Counseling Services
- Shepherd University Police
For more information, contact:
Dean of Students - 304-876-5160