Immunization against meningococcal (bacterial) meningitis is
required of all incoming students that will be living in the
residence halls for the 1st time. The vaccine is available through
most county health departments in West Virginia and elsewhere. Fee/s
depend on local policy.
- Proof of a negative TB test (or normal chest x-ray) within
one (1) year
- Tetanus vaccine within five to ten (5-10) years
- Polio Vaccine - 4 doses
- DTAP - 5 doeses
- Proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella documented
by one of these:
- Two (2) doses of vaccine (2nd at age 5 or older)
- OR positive results from a rubella titre (blood test)
- OR date of having had the illness, with medical
- Copy of your other childhood immunizations, if available
I DON'T HAVE A FAMILY DOCTOR AND I'VE LOST MY SHOT RECORDS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Your high school may have a record of your immunizations; contact them directly through the admissions office and have them sent to you.
A LIST OF PHYSICIANS IS IN THE PHONE DIRECTORY OR YOU CAN CALL:
- JEFFERSON 728.1600
- CITY HOSPITAL 264.1000
ASK FOR DOCTOR REFERRALS
News and Resources
Just the Facts