Free confidential counseling is available on campus to all students. We focus primarily on short-term counseling, but there is no limit to the number of sessions. Referrals to outside agencies for more extensive or comprehensive services are also available; however, Shepherd University will not assume the cost for these outside services.
Counseling Services is located on the ground floor of Gardiner Hall and accessed through the Health Center. Appointments can be scheduled with our counselors by coming to the Health Center or calling 304-876-5161. Office hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, but a counselor is on-call at all times.
- Support students in overcoming specific personal, interpersonal, or educational problems.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop self-management, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Motivate students to reduce harmful behavior and increase healthy, life-affirming behavior.
- Provide education, assessment, and consultative services in the areas of mental health and well-being.
In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911, or 9-911 from a campus phone. The Campus Police can be reached at 876-5202. Always notify your resident assistant of an emergency if you live on campus.
- 24 Hour Crisis Line: 304-263-8954 EastRidge Health Systems