Shepherd University

SU Interpersonal Violence
 Resource Center

Reporting Options

Private Reporting to Address Hostile Environment Issues

Victims of interpersonal violence, sexual assault and stalking sometimes need assistance to help them feel safe on campus but do not wish to pursue charges through either law enforcement or the Office of Student Conduct. Victims may want to request that the accused be restricted from the victim’s residence hall, moved from a class they may share or wants the security of a “no-contact” order.

A Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA) can help you address these needs. Your name and the name of the accused may need to be shared with your permission with certain individuals to help make the necessary arrangements but maintaining your privacy will be a priority.

How to Contact a Victim Advocate

Many options are available to reach a victim advocate so that victims of violence can choose an avenue that feels the most comfortable to them. By speaking with any of the individuals or departments listed below you will be connected with an advocate who will make every effort to speak with you as soon as possible.

Sexual Assault Response Coordinator, Rhonda Jackson

Dean of Students, Dave Cole

Counseling Services

Health Center

Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Marie DeWalt

Anyone on Residence Life Staff
304-876-5374 (weekdays)

Shepherd University Police Department
304-876-5202 (nights/weekends)