Shepherd University

SU Interpersonal Violence
 Resource Center

Title IX

Who Can I File a Title IX Complaint With?

To alert Shepherd University that there has been an incident of sexual harassment or sexual assault which qualifies as discrimination based on sex or gender you may notify any of the following individuals listed below. This will trigger a Title IX investigation of the complaint and you will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation. All complaints will be pursued or followed up on depending on the individual circumstances and the victim’s wishes.

Shepherd University Title IX Coordinator
Dr. Marie DeWalt
Office of Human Resources
20 N. Princess Street
Shepherdstown, WV
(p) 304-876-5288 (f) 304-876-5197

Dean of Students
Dave Cole

Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Tom Segar

Shepherd University Police Department
304-876-5374 (weekdays)
304-876-5202 (nights/weekends)

Students with complaints of this nature also have the right to file a formal complaint with the United States Department of Education:

Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-1100

Customer Service Hotline: (800) 421-3481
TDD: (877) 521-2172
Facsimile: (202) 453-6012